10/04/2010

The postman always rings twice. Books

Some time ago, before Easter, I bought a couple of books and now at last I have them all.

Since I have a new sewing machine I have the desire to sew something and I've even bought a couple of fabrics. I began to look for patterns. I wanted something simple, but elegant at the same time. I´m seeing, searching and finally found - Nipponese sewing books. I made my first purchase from YesAsia (without shipping cost). Now I own Simple chic and 
Sewing talk of Machiko Kayaking, as well as recipe Sewing recipe by an unknown author. All books have a very good illustrations, and I have sewing experience, so I think that my non-existent knowledge of Japanese won´t bother me much.




In turn, in The Book Store Depository (without shipping cost) I bought Victorian Lace Today. I had this book already in the electronic version, but it had not all the pages, plus some of them were without number and I did not understand very well if entan in place or not. I am very happy with this purchase. The book is beautiful and has much more text than did the electronic version.




In the same store also bought The Handmade Marketplace. How to sell your crafts locally, globaly, online by Kari Chapin. It is the first book I read in English. It is also very interesting and inspiring.

No comments:

Post a Comment