18/04/2010

"Leaves" and "Metro de Madrid"

Lace
After spending some time in my basket of needleworks, I finally hid the end of yarns, washed and blocked two progects, started a long time ago.

Leaves
It is made according to the pattern found here. The only thing that seems different is that I've used a finer thread (50% linen, 50% cotton). The necessary weight and fall have given by beads, and thanks to them the stole also makes a nice noise when you put it on a hard surface. Only the blocking gives me problems - I didn´t achieve symmetry...



Metro de Madrid
It is made according to the pattern found here. I've changed it a bit, the absolute symmetry this time did not seem me very necessary.

Knitting suddenly stopped, because I didn't have the required amount of yarn. Then I had ordered from China, another ball. As long as it came, it took three weeks.. But the shawl is finally finished. It could be a little longer, but I think I will take of itself. In addition, the material (45% cashmere, 55% silk) is very very nice and smooth.

No comments:

Post a Comment