06/03/2010

Stole "Metro Madrid"

Stole
I needed some knitting work that would to fit in my bag and that I could removed when I have a little free time - on the subway (hence the name), eating breakfast in VIPS, watching TV ... - because my previous project had become so large that I could not get him out of the house.

So, I started to look for something beautiful and interesting. I looked in Knitty, but there shawls didn´t convince me, so I looked to my Ravelry favorites. And there was the Print O 'the Wave Stole by Eunny Jang. Also free!


The shawl looks gorgeous but the pattern is very simple, actually you have to remember only three lines (the reverse is purle) and you're done. Then I saw many similar patterns, including this also in an English book of about 1897. (It is very nice and I really like the patterns in this book.) I think for now this will become my preferred lace pattern.

silk and cashmere
When I had the pattern, I had to think about yarn. First I took from my stockpiles blend of ocean color wool and acrylic that I bought on eBay. The therds were very thin so I joined three. And that was my mistake - I have only about 120 g of the wool, and after a good piece of the shawl, I realized I would need more wool.

Since I did not really want to separate the therds (it is a tedious and tiresome, but eventually I will have no one to do to take advantage of this wool) simply looked for other material. 


I remembered that I had silk and cashmere blend I had bought in Yubina (I recomend this Chinise Internet store). Then I bought three colors, one had already made a scarf for a friend, half of the other - a shawl and I still was third - a very nice blue color. I chose to take the leftovers color ink, so of the blue I can do something bigger.

And here I am - knitting on the subway by surprise, curiosity and wonder of other passengers.

No comments:

Post a Comment